FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [GONE April 2018] W New York Lexington Ave [Master Thread]
Old Aug 2, 2009, 9:12 pm
Keith009

Originally Posted by QF009
No response as yet, I wonder if i can be bothered doing a follow-up email. Says a lot about the property as a whole really, when not even the GM is interested in addressing guests' concerns. In contrast, GMs at other Ws have always responded promptly, ranging from 15 mins to just under 24 hours after the initial email is sent, whether they're compliments or complaints.
Better late than never I suppose. Seems like a sincere and unreservedly apologetic email.

Welcome Mr. QF009,

I am responding on behalf of our General Manager, Ed Maynard. First and foremost allow me to apologize on behalf of entire team. I will like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. Feedback from our Guests is very important to us as it often times pinpoints areas of needed focus. Also it helps us to provide in future reservations a better service to our guest. As one of the Guest Service Managers here at W New York, I always like to make it a point to reach out to my guests and get their feedback. I really don’t like to see guests leave with any type of disappointments.

I always put myself in the same shoes as the guest and believe me I was concerned to read about your W experiences. All of our guests are important and should not go through this experience. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable stay from start to finish. I have read some of the specifics of your incident and agree there is no excuse for anything less than courteous, friendly and overly attentive service. This feedback will also be brought to our operating teams and managers so we can learn from this and improve our service across our company. I am not writing to offer you any excuses, just my sincere regret that such a thing had to happen to any one of our guests. We take our promise of being your home away from home very seriously and again please accept my apologies. Please be assured that this in not the norm but the exception and as one of our loyal W guest it is particularly upsetting when I hear stories such as yours. Voicing your opinion on issues such as these while frustrating are what help to make us better and I thank you for that opportunity.

As a gesture of our concern for the inconveniences you have faced, we have also honored 12,000 Starwood points towards your Platinum Starwood account #xxxxxxxxxxxx. Please allow 3-5 business days for the points to be reflected on your account. And do not hesitate to contact us at anytime should you need any assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Warm Regards,
xxxxxxxxxxxxx