FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Milk Run YYZ-YVR on 77L in J
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2009, 9:09 pm
AC340-541

Programs: CX Diamond

Cold-plate appetizer of grilled chicken, marinated vegetables, and a warmed her roll. Note the tablecloth! :0)

The veg was flavourful, the chicken was alright. The warm roll was a great touch.

Nice cutlery, AC!

I opted to try the Tilapia over the beef. Served with wild rice.

I believe it was a sundried tomato crust, with a mustard-based sauce. Drinks were always topped up frequently.

Very good flavour, texture, and temperature.

Dessert of hot tea with milk, freshly baked chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies, and ice cream!

Warm, crisp, and gooey. Seriously, this is great for a domestic product. Keep it up, AC!

Hmm... a warm day in Vancouver means...

The ice cream had already melted about half-way. Too bad!

Frequent drink service was offered throughout the remainder of the flight.

In-flight photos

Take-off from 26R.

Blue skies out of the porthole in the emergency exit.

Sunset sets in during our trek Eastwards.

The slanted seats makes taking photos difficult!

The moving map works! Almost in YYZ.

Approaching YYZ.

Arrival and Conclusion

We had a (relatively) short taxi to Gate 139, but stopped short of the jetway. Apparently the ground vehicles had not arrived yet (to marshall the aircraft into position?). After about 5-7 minutes, we taxied another few metres before we stopped. Looking out the port side, those of us in J could see that the air bridge was moving to the 1L door. It was only after the air bridge operator banged on the door of 1L before he or she realized the mistake, and moved the air bridge towards 2L. I've never actually watched an air bridge move intently before -- it's SLOW.

Arrival at YYZ.

Anyways, we were off the plane in another few minutes. It's a bit of a trek from 139 to the baggage claim, and for the first time ever, my bags made it out before I arrived! There were still many passengers from AC064 (which had arrived 30 minutes prior) who were still waiting! I considered myself lucky!

Overall, I would have to say that AC's recently upgraded/retooled/refocused (etc.) domestic J product is thoroughly enjoyable and I would strongly encourage fliers to try to hit one of the AE tiers (Elite) so that they can experience it for themselves!

Happy flying, everyone! Thanks for reading!