FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Milk Run YYZ-YVR on 77L in J
View Single Post
Old Jul 31, 2009, 8:52 pm
AC340-541

Programs: CX Diamond
Boarding and Seat in Executive First

This gorgeous A330 waiting at C51.

Boarding was done 10 minutes behind schedule. The lovely Gate Agent let us know that they had some difficulty with the air conditioning on the aircraft, and wanted to make sure that it was sufficiently cool on board before they started the boarding process. Because it was north of 30 degrees C that day in Vancouver, I'm sure no one had a problem with that (it was even quite warm in the terminal).

I wasn't the first one on board this time, but still managed to snap a shot of the door 2L.

4A would be mine for this flight.

The 1-1-1 layout of the A330 means that the "A" side has more privacy.

Please see the first page of my TR to read/see more details about the Executive First seats. Besides the different layout on the 330 (1-1-1 vs. 1-2-1), there weren't any fresh air vents on the 330. :-( Also, notice that there are not over-head storage bins in the forward J cabin. The rear J cabin has them, oddly enough. Anyone know why?

A shot of the padded seat belt. There is an airbag inside?

Cabin Views

The F/A's station... showing the status of the doors (disarmed/opened, etc.)

Flight deck of C-GFUR. Thanks to Captain Deslauriers and F/O Harris for letting me up front!

Forward J Cabin

Rear J Cabin

J loads were relatively light; only 1 passenger was seated in the rear J cabin.

Midship (?) galley.

Rear Y cabin views.

Rear galley.

Service

Pre-flight drinks (water, orange juice), newspapers, and headphone covers were offered. Smiles all around, but we were delayed a bit when Cara employees came onboard. Apparently there was some last minute adjustments to the catering. 5 minutes later, we were off!

Orange juice, in plastic cup.

Push-back from C51.

Hot towel service once the seat-belt sign was turned off.

Drink service promptly after.

A nice wine selection. Two reds, three whites.

My 2006 Pinot Grigio.

Last edited by AC340-541; Jul 31, 2009 at 9:18 pm