FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rollaboards that fit (or don't fit) AA carry-on baggage sizer / sizers
Old Jul 28, 2009, 6:46 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Originally Posted by msk6261
I have an eagle creek tarmac es 22 sold as a legal carry-on. I have traveled all over the world with it w/o a problem as long as the outside pockets are not full. The bag is even rounded on top to accommodate the curve of the back of the overhead compartment.

But......last week I flew RNO-ORD-LGA and then JFK-SFO (on a smaller "change of equipment" aircraft). The bag fit on all flights except for the ORD-LGA segment. My bag was not even full but the bottom plastic corner protector just would not make it past the frame of the cabinet. No matter what position or location we tried.

It was baffling because I believe it was the same type of 733 equipment. And of course, I was receiving all the tsk, tsk, tsk looks from the other passengers.
You sure that LGA-ORD leg was on AA? UA flues the 737s on that route. AA is MD80 or 757.