FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MASSIVE Catering Changes.
View Single Post
Old Jul 20, 2009, 1:33 pm
BingBongBoy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Thumbs down MASSIVE Catering Changes.

I will not copy and paste the internal communication, as that would be wrong, but I think you all need to know...

August will see some massive changes to the catering, mainly effecting the Short Haul operation, but also with some changes to Long Haul offerings.

On Short Haul, after the breakfast service time, that finishes at 10:00AM, the catering on all Domestic, Band 1, 2 and 3A flights will be reduced to biscuits and skybites. From my understanding of the communication, there will be no more sandwich packs offered at lunch and dinner time.
They are also going to review the contents of the alcohol bars, so you may see some drinks being removed.

There are some Band 3, which they have labeled as Band 3B, which will still get the sandwich boxes, as they state that the longer flights still need to have more catering.

Club Europe Band 2 flights will now be provided with a smaller tray, removing the pudding and placing chocolates on the tray instead.

Club World will have a reduced second meal service on flights less than 10 hours, but an "enhanced" club kitchen, whatever that will entail.

World Traveller tuck boxes will be removed on flights less than 10 hours. The small bottle of water on the WT tray will be removed and replaced with a water cup-let.

Not good news at all.