FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What percentage of Skywards Accounts are Golds?
Old Jul 17, 2009, 1:39 am
yyzlhr

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
We discussed this issue last year when a number of us heard Platinum was coming, and each date we heard came and went.

There are way too many golds-- being based in Dubai it doesnt take long to get 50K, and Silver 25K can be done for some with 1 return to Oz or North America (in F) or twice in economy.- or a Europe to OZ in J. (I may be proven wrong on these but quick in th ehead calculations )

On the Platinum issue my source about a plat tier was a top VP - who has since retired, who said in January it was in the works. I have given up trying to give all my business to EK in the thought Platinum may come. Last year was 140K tier miles and this year I am at 57K and prob wont make 100K but could of had same or more as last year but have given business elsewhere- if we had had confirmation of it though it would have gone EKs way-- I am sure there are a few others here that would have done same!

If I had to guess the %

GOld over 100K 1%
Gold under 100K 3%
Silver 5%

With the ease EK makes it to sign up-- on the plane and "start earning with this flight" there must be alot of memeber-- so maybe these % are still way too high