FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All my colleagues being upgraded to F. Why? [corp deal upgrades]
Old Jul 15, 2009, 5:01 am
LeisureFirst

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
Question All my colleagues being upgraded to F. Why? [corp deal upgrades]

I haven't got any long-haul business trips booked, but it seems that many of my colleagues are getting one-way upgrades at the time of booking to F right now. Recently it seems to have been standard on the LON-NYC route, with three colleagues (out of three I've checked with) discovering when sent their booking details by the corporate TA that they flying out in F, back in CW. I don't know if it is happening much on other routes.

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with a shortage of club seats, as it is happening to people who are confirmed on one flight but waitlisted on two or three others: all the bookings, both confirmed and waitlisted, are showing F.

There certainly hasn't been an upward change in the corporate travel policy (which is definitely Club, not F, at all levels of the firm except the ultra-top) so this must be some kind of deal from BA, I guess for corporate customers. It doesn't look like the advertised "Buy J, fly one way in F" deals because it doesn't seem to need to be explcitly asked for and I'm pretty certain the full ticket flexbility has been maintained. The fares (around £2500 return) look like standard corporate J-class returns.