FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Hong Kong [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2009, 12:09 pm
Keith009

Originally Posted by tfjim
I'll be staying over the last weekend of July in Hong Kong and was considering redeeming points to stay at the W. Since I'm thinking pool time and fun around the hotel what is the scene like on the weekends? Any hotel-sponsored events, happy hours, etc. that are cool? What is the pool like on the weekends? Packed to the gills? Which night would be best? Friday? Saturday? Sunday? Thanks.
Can't advise on the pool except last I checked they'd still not obtained a liquor license for the bar upstairs. IIRC you're able to get drinks sent up to you from the Living Room.

But I do love the Living Room action. A DJ spins in the Living Room Thurs-Sat nites and Sunday afternoons - gets pretty happening on some of these days. Can't remember specifically when DJ Angus is on - you want to look out for him. And special guest DJs from time to time.

They do have happy hour daily between 6 and 8pm. Can't remember prices off the top of my head due to one too many tipple whenever I hang out there. And special promos on certain days such as Wine-derlust Wednesdays, Candy Bar Thursdays (flavoured vodka shots) etc. Sunday brunch at Kitchen features All You Can Drink Perrier Jouet.

To keep track of special events, best to sign up to their official Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pa...8408870?ref=ts

Enjoy!!