FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does BD offer an arrivals lounge in LHR T1 for International arrivals?
Old Jul 4, 2009, 9:53 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
I under the impression that this isn't really a Star Alliance Arrivals Lounge - only a BD arrivals lounge.

Isn't access only offered from BD mid- and long-haul flights?

I'm in the process of booking a BKK-???-LHR flight, and will need a shower on arrival. At the moment, it looks like my options are either
a) Go LH via FRA and use the showers in the SEN lounge there
b) Go LX via ZRH and use the showers in the LX arrivals lounge there
c) Try and work out a ??? destination that is BD mid- or long-haul! Suggestions welcome...

Bit silly really, that I have to do a stopover in Europe if I want to have a shower before arriving in London.
I think it's a *A lounge used by certain carriers, i.e. BD, UA and SA.

If opting for a) you can use the Welcome Lounge in FRA. Problem with c) is BD mid- and "long"-haul flights are not convenient as connecting flights from places such as BKK. I'm not sure if it's worth devising a convoluted itinerary for the sake of a shower on arrival. If you are desperate I believe there are showers in T4 Arrivals.