FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Punta Mita, Mexico: Four Seasons or St. Regis
Old Jul 2, 2009, 8:52 pm
MarshKing

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by rbarr24
"One extra thing to consider -- since the Four Seasons also has a Stay 2, Get 1 free promotion, the cost for 6 nights is the same as the cost for 7 nights. (Assuming you utilize the Stay 4, Get $1,234 promotion.)"

Wouldn't the best deal be to do back to back $1,234 promotions, even if I only were to only stay for 2 of the 4 nights on the second leg?

I saw your calculations bringing the cost after tax to about $890 for the $1,234 promotion. Wouldn't 2 nights at $415 be more expensive than $890 after the 30% of taxes and fees?

Btw..if I go the FS route.....can I book it with you Marsh?
Great point! If you reserve the basic room, then the $1,234 is definitely the way to go. The basic room prices out at $890 for 4 nights under the $1,234 promotion, or $1,062 for 3 nights under the Stay 2, Get 1. As Kage mentioned, if you reserve a more expensive room type, then the Stay 2, Get 1 can become a better bargain.