FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baja Fresh and United Dining Program
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2009, 3:28 pm
bob12403

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by flekakh
I am posting for the first time on this thread, maybe somebody can suggest an idea. I dined at Baja Fresh in Chicago suburbs as I found the restaraunt to be a part of the United Dining Program. Miles were not posted for a while for this dining activity and they expired because my account did not have any activity for a while. AFter I called United Dining they told me that the restaurant is not part of the dining program any longer! What can I do to proof that at the time I picked the restaraunt it was in the network. I was banking miles for many years and lost them all!!! I called dining program and United Plus and they asked me to submit a request and they will investigate. I already did that, but looking for any other suggestion

Thanks!
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Not sure I understand what happened...you were counting on dining miles to post to your United account, and when they didn't post, the miles in your United Mileage Plus account expired?

Don't know what to tell you--when did you dine at Baja Fresh? If you take a look at this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/idine...ving-soon.html you'll see a discussion that indicated many of the Baja Fresh restaurants were leaving the program in May, but no mention of the restaurants in the Chicago area.

Rewards Network is usually pretty good about responding to inquiries...the big question is going to be whether the Baja Fresh where you dined was still in the program when you had your burrito. Have you considered going back to the restaurant and asking the manager?