Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Rewards Network (formerly iDine)
Reload this Page >

all La Salsa & most Baja Fresh "leaving soon"???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2009, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

When I'm logged in (multiple programs) and get a listing, I typically get a banner ad for either La Salsa or Baja Fresh above the list of restaurants.

But everywhere I've searched (in SoCal, at least) the past few days, every La Salsa location and most Baja Fresh locations (with only a couple Baja Fresh in the OC as the exceptions I've found) show "Leaving Soon" in the listing (as well as on the click through).

Are they really leaving? If so, how much longer will RN keep running their banner ads???
Old Apr 9, 2009, 4:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, Avis CHM, Marriott & SPG & PC Plat., Hyatt & Hilton Diamond
I love the Baja Fresh restaurants. Before dining, I'm go online to make sure that the restaurant isn't gone...
Old Apr 10, 2009, 1:09 am

Perhaps might want to stock up on some gift cards to use later while you can still get the miles for them...
Old Apr 11, 2009, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by tadtz
Perhaps might want to stock up on some gift cards to use later while you can still get the miles for them...
Great idea!!!
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:25 am

Programs: Enough to Cause a Migraine
Of course, to max your miles, buy your giftcard Mon-Wed to earn double miles with the current promo [for most dining programs].
Old Apr 22, 2009, 7:00 am

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
DC locations gone in May

Two downtown Wash, DC Baja Fresh locations--19th Street, and New Hampshire Avenue--are gone from the program as of May 1. Seven others in Maryland and Virginia suburbs are gone, too.

This was an easy and cheap way to pick up a batch of dines toward VIP status. Decent food, too. Real shame that they are leaving.
Old May 1, 2009, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Notice I titled this thread with a question. And it's still a question!

Up until today, all La Salsa locations I checked were showing as 0 miles on all dates in May.

But now it's May, and while they're still all showing Leaving Soon, they now show earning (5/$ or 10/$, as usual) for all dates I can see in early May!

So are they really leaving (and their leaving is delayed), or is this just a ruse because RN has learned that when someone threatens to leave we buy a bunch of gift cards?
Old May 3, 2009, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And now (since Saturday 2 May), none of them seem to be showing "Leaving Soon" any more!
Old May 4, 2009, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by sdsearch
And now (since Saturday 2 May), none of them seem to be showing "Leaving Soon" any more!
Maybe because I was entering the statement "I will sure miss this restaurant/chain, when it leaves RN", or similar after each dine?
Old May 4, 2009, 4:05 pm

All my Baja Fresh locations are gone!
Old May 4, 2009, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by drjhwang
All my Baja Fresh locations are gone!
Aaarrrgghhh... My Sunnyvale Baja Fresh is gone. The closest is now in Palo Alto. Grrrrrr!!!
Old May 17, 2009, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by heffa
Aaarrrgghhh... My Sunnyvale Baja Fresh is gone. The closest is now in Palo Alto. Grrrrrr!!!
Baja Fresh's have been some in, some out for a while now (though the specifics may have changed). Best strategy is to occasionally go to the one that's farther from you (on a Mon/Tue/Wed, natch), buy gift cards, then use the gift cards at your preferred close location.

In my case, the Baja Fresh nearest home hasn't ever participated. And the one closest to work dropped out half a year ago or more. Fortunately there's one I pass by reasonably frequently that does participate, so I can easily buy gift cards there.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 11:02 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 650k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Are these a particular type of gift card, or just whatever the restaurant (or chain) gives out -- purchased with a RN-registered card? Thanks.
Old Jun 3, 2009, 1:57 am
Suspended

I think that all Baja Fresh are now all gone from RN -- at least those that are in the DC area.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I think that all Baja Fresh are now all gone from RN -- at least those that are in the DC area.
Not absolutely all gone from RN, but in many metro areas yes. They're all gone from 15 miles around 90064 (a West Los Angeles ZIP code), but there are three within 15 miles around 92780 (a central Orange County CA Zip code) as of today (but how much longer?).

But with La Salsa, as of today I can't find a single one in any metro.

But all this up this brings up the question: Why did I just see a banner add for Baja Fresh on the AA RN website when I was starting look for these???

Has anyone taken the time to ask RN about this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.