FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Q&A Meeting with Execs - NOTES
View Single Post
Old Jun 28, 2009, 7:07 pm
mersk862
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by thepla
I wish someone could say how many are redeposits and how many are changes. Surely they are quite different. I find it almost impossible to get a perfect itinerary on the first pass going overseas. I end up with open jaws, bad connections, etc. if DL and their partners had space open, even 300 days out, this would not be a big problem.

DL limits awards, very well noted all over these threads, and than wants to charge to get it correct.

Please someone from DL break the redeposit from changes. There just can't be even $5 million of the 80 to 100 million. In the long run at this small number it is a loser. If the problem is technology and their systems are designed to treat a redeposit for a change than change their software, they sure did that to implement the $50 nonsense.

I still think the numbers they are talking about is to RIF people.

I do have a question.. Was there a fee to redeposit or change for all members or just PL? If it was only PL than the numbers are even more apparent to be dishonest.
Also, the way I interpreted the fees was not solely those that changed award tickets. The way I interpreted it was all SM fees - changes, redeposits and short-notice ticketing fees (which it's quite possible a huge chunk of this revenue comes from this source).