FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2009-2015 MileSAAver / SAAver Award Availability Help etc.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 6:22 am
GTITAN

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by MAH4546
It requires no manipulation. There is one button that automatically puts the seat to a 180 lie-flat position.

And it does have AVOD, with Bose-noise canceling headsets to boot. Do you really think AA would offer a new biz product absent AVOD? That's crazy. It's stupid enough they keep installing new coach products absent AVOD.

Kind of confused how an EXP'er would miss these two obvious elements of AA's 763 J service unless you flew the old J product back in 2007.
I think you misread me. My original post said "if going to the islands" as I was responding to flying to Hawaii and HNL in particular. (I have now edited to say HNL because that is what this discussion was about).

There is no true "J" service on this route, but more of an "enhanced F service." The portable AVOD player and the BOSE headphones are not supplied. You are of course correct that they are when flying "internationally" (i.e. LHR, FRA, etc). I never said that it was not. I was just on the 763 to DFW from HNL and in reverse.

It is also documented on FT (in this case correctly) that the 763 to HNL does not feature the portable IFE: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...w-hnl-ogg.html

As to the "sleep" position, you are correct that there is a "sleep" button, used it myself once or twice . "manipulation" was a strong word. The sleep button has two settings, so one needs to keep it pushed in. I tend to tinker with it to get the best "lie flat" position possible.

Again, no disrespect to AA or the route, I think it is great, and it is a very nice experience to the islands!! Apologize for the confusion if any, and thanks for the great debate! Made me go back do some searches and think about things to verify! I have also clarified my original post to restrict the discussion to flights on the 763 to HNL.

Safe Travels.

Last edited by GTITAN; Jun 27, 2009 at 6:36 am Reason: Edit post to clarify