FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Alana Waikiki {US-HI}
Old Aug 23, 2002, 4:09 pm
Ling

Programs: NW Platinum, Hilton Silver, 3 stays from Starwood Platinum!
I am a Gold. Have stayed at the Doubletree Alana twice, and have been upgraded to an extremely large room on the floor below the penthouse level on the second visit. I don't think I had status on the first visit. Two balconies, great view (apartments, partial oceanview, and a park), king bed, and microwave, kitchen sink and frig. I looked at the floor plan and it was double the size of a regular room. 79 dollars a night. I have received a voucher for breakfast when I was gold (on request). The first day I had full american breakfast, and the second day I got something to go (HUGE pineapple plate, and side order of something) since I was leaving for the airport and was short on time. I was told that the voucher was valued at 10 dollars, so on the full breakfast I paid less than 3 dollars. The people are very nice at this hotel (no snobbery) and I prefer smaller hotels. I really hate having to walk thru the lobby for eons before I even get to the elevator (Outriggers and Sheratons). I usually take the local bus from the airport (1.50 - #19 or 20, I think) and take a shuttle back to the airport because I buy a lot of goodies to bring home. You can get the shuttle for under 10 bucks with a coupon available in any of those free sightseeing pamphlets. I buy a 15 dollar bus pass good for 4 days, and if they want to rent a car, they have a car rental on the ground floor of the Doubletree. It all depends on how long they are staying, how many people, and where they want to go.

My 2 cents.

Linda