FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Frontier really is a whole different animal
Old Jun 23, 2009, 2:20 pm
COmciUA

Programs: UA 1K, Mariott, Hertz Presidents Circle
Ok, I hate to keep beating a dead horse, but I am be-fuddled.

I had a ticket I needed to exchange from a last minute cancellation. Classic Plus, so shouldn't be any issues exchanging, seat assignments, etc...

I call in and exchange, no problem. When the res rep asked if I wanted a seat assignment, I asked for 2A. She indicated that she could only assign me a seat beyond row 12. I told her that when I dummy booked a new fare (still CP) online a few minutes ago, I could select 2A for those very flights! She said she was not allowed to assign me them b/c I am not a Summit or Ascent member. I said with a CP fare it should not matter. I asked her how I could have booked 5 previous tickets online with a CP fare in the same seat, but cant do it over the phone? She had no idea. Fine, hang up, call back.

2nd Rep. Explain the situation to her.

Rep: No problem, let me pull up the seat map. Sorry sir, can't assign you any seat except the one you are in.
Me: Huh? I am on a CP fare. That should allow for advanced seat assignments. How come I can do this online, but cant over the phone?? Is the flight oversold? On Airport hold?
Rep: Not over sold. I dont know. You can check in at 24 hrs and request it.
Me: How come the seat map is wide open online and I can select it when I dummy book? What is the point of a CP fare?
Rep: blah blah blah free DTV blah blah
Me: Bye

Am I out of line? I am looking into this too much? I feel like I have tried to give F9 a chance. I feel like even the most simple of changes, requests, etc... are a huge ordeal and F9 is not properly equiped to handle it. Rarely, if ever, have I had these silly issues on CO, NW, UA, DL, and even the rare times I fly AA.

They really are a whole different animal.