FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will CO gold be *A Gold?
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2009, 6:58 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by flyzabit
But what about a CO-to-*A Platinum? Will we be able to access the Koru Club in SYD for example?
*G is *G and the lounge access granted is the same. Both a CO Gold and CO Platinum would have the same benefit in this regard.

Originally Posted by blueslip
The very reason why having a non-US based *G card gives access to RCC, US Airways lounge and soon CO's PC when traveling domestic.
Yup...I have one, too.

Originally Posted by blueslip
As mentioned the above post on this thread, this has something to do with flying domestic or international and if you are a member of non-US based airline *G member. If you happened to access SKL in SFO, then you were on an international flight and on a SQ flight from SFO. I am not sure about the LH lounge in IAD but my guess is that you were flying international as well out from IAD.
Not necessarily. The rule as I described above is a bit off. A UA/US *G cannot access a UA or US lounge unless flying on an international itinerary. Access to other lounges, such as the LH lounge in IAD or the SQ lounge in SFO actually is permitted based on a strict reading of the rules. I've accessed the SQ lounge in SFO on a wholly domestic itinerary and enjoyed their free WiFi and uncrowded space quite a bit.

CO will almost certainly be the same as UA and US in this regard so access to PCs will be limited to international itineraries if you have *G status from CO, UA or US. But a BD *G will have access to all PCs in addition to RCCs or the US clubs.