Will CO gold be *A Gold?

Old Jun 14, 09, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec
Will CO gold be *A Gold?

does anyone who attended the 'do' remember if they said co gold will equal *A gold? CO just matched my status to gold and the lounge acces for intl flights is a nice perk with gold on *A.

Also if my status was comped, is it the same as making gold this yr and therefore my status would be valid until 2011?
Old Jun 14, 09, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, Gold with CO will equal Star Gold.
Old Jun 14, 09, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA PLAT, SPG PLAT. Collector of Chase UR points
Originally Posted by AEpilot76 View Post

Also if my status was comped, is it the same as making gold this yr and therefore my status would be valid until 2011?
I may be wrong, but if it was done before July, it would be good until Feb 2010. I think if the match is comped after July it is for 2010 program year so it would expire Feb 2011. I plan to match over to NW and I am going to wait until August to do so.
Old Jun 14, 09, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrzyshawn View Post
I may be wrong, but if it was done before July, it would be good until Feb 2010. I think if the match is comped after July it is for 2010 program year so it would expire Feb 2011. I plan to match over to NW and I am going to wait until August to do so.
After finally making it to page 25 of the airline status match thread, several FTers have confirmed with CO via email and COinsider that June 1st is the cutoff. Matches after June 1st are valid for current year and then the following year.
Old Jun 14, 09, 9:43 pm

I seem to remember some discussion that CO Gold will receive *Gold but will NOT receive elite lounge access without flying on that airlines metal.

Don't know if this is just rumor or is true. I hope its true - I don't want UA golds to get access to CO PClubs.
Old Jun 14, 09, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CJ1120 View Post
I seem to remember some discussion that CO Gold will receive *Gold but will NOT receive elite lounge access without flying on that airlines metal.

Don't know if this is just rumor or is true. I hope its true - I don't want UA golds to get access to CO PClubs.
So if flying through FRA as CO gold on LH I would only have access to the LH lounge and not any star alliance lounge such as the RCC?
Old Jun 14, 09, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by CJ1120

The USA-based *G members do not get access to lounges on domestic itineraries. It is almost certain that CO will go along with this same plan to ensure that their revenue from PC memberships doesn't disappear.

It isn't about flying on the metal; it is domestic v intl.

Last edited by sbm12; Jun 14, 09 at 10:15 pm
Old Jun 14, 09, 10:16 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by AEpilot76

So if flying through FRA as CO gold on LH I would only have access to the LH lounge and not any star alliance lounge such as the RCC?
You would have any *A lounge access in this scenario.
Old Jun 15, 09, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by sbm12 View Post

The USA-based *G members do not get access to lounges on domestic itineraries. It is almost certain that CO will go along with this same plan to ensure that their revenue from PC memberships doesn't disappear.

you're right, that's the discussion I remember.
Old Jun 15, 09, 11:17 am

Programs: AS MVP75K, UA Gold
you're right, that's the discussion I remember.
that's not entirely true...as a *G i cannot access the RCC or the US lounge on a domestic itinerary, but i have been able to access the SKL at SFO and the LH lounge at IAD.
Old Jun 15, 09, 11:23 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Four hotel higher levels - Will fly for DEQMs - DL RWT alum
But what about a CO-to-*A Platinum? Will we be able to access the Koru Club in SYD for example?
Old Jun 16, 09, 12:10 am

Programs: AA EXEC PLAT 1.75MM, UA LT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, SPG LT Gold , Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by flyzabit View Post
But what about a CO-to-*A Platinum? Will we be able to access the Koru Club in SYD for example?
Absolutely YES! But it won't let you access the SQ's SKL if not flying on one of their flights out from SYD.

The very reason why having a non-US based *G card gives access to RCC, US Airways lounge and soon CO's PC when traveling domestic.

Originally Posted by haddon90 View Post
that's not entirely true...as a *G i cannot access the RCC or the US lounge on a domestic itinerary, but i have been able to access the SKL at SFO and the LH lounge at IAD.
As mentioned the above post on this thread, this has something to do with flying domestic or international and if you are a member of non-US based airline *G member. If you happened to access SKL in SFO, then you were on an international flight and on a SQ flight from SFO. I am not sure about the LH lounge in IAD but my guess is that you were flying international as well out from IAD.
Old Jun 16, 09, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by flyzabit View Post
*G is *G and the lounge access granted is the same. Both a CO Gold and CO Platinum would have the same benefit in this regard.

Originally Posted by blueslip View Post
The very reason why having a non-US based *G card gives access to RCC, US Airways lounge and soon CO's PC when traveling domestic.
Yup...I have one, too.

Originally Posted by blueslip View Post
As mentioned the above post on this thread, this has something to do with flying domestic or international and if you are a member of non-US based airline *G member. If you happened to access SKL in SFO, then you were on an international flight and on a SQ flight from SFO. I am not sure about the LH lounge in IAD but my guess is that you were flying international as well out from IAD.
Not necessarily. The rule as I described above is a bit off. A UA/US *G cannot access a UA or US lounge unless flying on an international itinerary. Access to other lounges, such as the LH lounge in IAD or the SQ lounge in SFO actually is permitted based on a strict reading of the rules. I've accessed the SQ lounge in SFO on a wholly domestic itinerary and enjoyed their free WiFi and uncrowded space quite a bit.

CO will almost certainly be the same as UA and US in this regard so access to PCs will be limited to international itineraries if you have *G status from CO, UA or US. But a BD *G will have access to all PCs in addition to RCCs or the US clubs.
Old Jun 19, 09, 11:42 am

Programs: United Platinum
But a BD *G will have access to all PCs in addition to RCCs or the US clubs.
Just checking out BD's DIamond Club terms, that has to be the easiest path to *G, 38,000 miles?
You'd earn just BIS miles without any bonuses, but the lounge access and *G benefits are pretty compelling.

Last edited by j_sunne; Jun 19, 09 at 11:42 am Reason: correction
Old Jun 19, 09, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by j_sunne View Post
Just checking out BD's DIamond Club terms, that has to be the easiest path to *G, 38,000 miles?
You'd earn just BIS miles without any bonuses, but the lounge access and *G benefits are pretty compelling.
It is only 38K after you have already qualified (or comped) to Gold. And it is 12 calendar months not January - December. There are some other nice things about the program, too, but the ICC for reward reservations is not one of them. And the smart money says that the program will be gone within a couple years as the carrier is folded into the LH system, so there isn't a long horizon there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: