FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - chairmens club upgrade
View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 2009, 11:30 am
jgsx
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by N9MD
This is the first time anyone has reported "negotiating" for CC membership. As far as I know, membership is by invitation only from AVIS ... and not obtainable by a request from an individual or a corporation. My brother and several of my friends, all bigwigs in a variety of small private corporations, charge hundreds of thousands of dollars (or more) on American Express cards (often buying large ticket inventory items with AmExp). They were denied membership in response to their inquiries. I put big bucks on my medical software/hardware company's AmExp Card, until I sold it a few years back ... and I got the invitation about 2 years ago (as I vaguely recall) ... a couple of years after I had actually sold the company. It has been my impression that Avis's CC invitations were based on AmExp Corporate Platinum/Centurion Card spending patterns.
I don't think it is the first report of that. Negotiating them is the standard way as far as I know. I have spoken to the Avis gentlemen that works with our corporate policy generators. He told me that CC and PC memberships are perks that are negotiated into a corporate contract.

I don't think it works the other way. Just because your company rent a lot, I don't think you can negotiate for a CC membership. As far as I know, the company needs to create a contract with Avis, which will create an exclusive AWD for company use, and they will also get a handful of premium memberships (CC/PC).