FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Laminated Bag tags
View Single Post
Old Jun 2, 2009, 6:24 pm
PhlyingRPh
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Originally Posted by tfar
I see but I am still not convinced (not that I'd need to be convinced). You can put a printed label inside a normal luggage tag. Readability issue solved. And you can use a really bright luggage tag, as I said, which solves the visibility issue.

Durability is not really an issue because those leather tags should hold up very long and one needs the itinerary list usually only once.

Being German and living in the US I know well about the 1 equals 7 problem. I have resorted to doing a US 1 and to using a German 7 that has a bar crossing the oblique upward line. This makes it totally clear, no matter which country I'm in.

Otherwise, for latin letters, handwriting print letters should work.

So for me, normal tags filled with similar info to what you put, win hands down. If one enjoys laminating tags despite the economic, time and environmental drawbacks, then there are certainly worse ways to spend one's time.

Till
I can't tell you how many times (well, exactly four, to be honest) someone else has tried walking off with my bag thinking it was theirs. I take a lot of flights popular with business travelers between major business centers and the number of mcblack rollaboards, computer bags and 26 inchers on those flights makes it important that at least a small attempt to differentiate ones bag from those of others be made.

Personally, flying through the middle east and south asia a lot means my bags often have big, colorful airline tags attached to them, that get torn or fall off after a few weeks, but that do often flag the semi-conscious into realizing they are about to pick up the wrong bag.