FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Outstanding Treatment in MCO
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2009, 8:06 am
Mary2e
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Outstanding Treatment in MCO

I just came home from MCO and just had to post about the incredible treatment I received from just about everyone I encountered in MCO.

I hurt my knee while on vacation and was limping pretty badly (this was an improvement from a few days earlier). I entered the terminal on the B side by mistake and hobbled all the way to the very end of the A terminal to check my bags. When I arrived, the staff went out of their way to help me out and even gave me a wheelchair to more easily navigate the terminal and get to the gate. They also ordered a wheelchair for me in EWR, though an electric cart would have done just as well.

Security was even nicer, and there is a special line for people with special needs and my husband and I sailed through. Most notably, the TSA agents all went out of their way to assist and make it as easy as possible. That included not having me take my sneakers off, which took a while to get on

The GAs were actually expecting us and the biggest surprise was having my husband upgraded and sitting with me in F. But more than that, the FAs went waaaay out of their way to make sure I was seated and comfortable. They came by often to make sure I was ok.

The only downside was the arrival in EWR. Continuing my lousy luck, our gate was C84 and a major hike to baggage, and the wheelchair wasn't there - which isn't COs fault. It did show up, though I probably should have asked for an electric cart.

Our luggage even came out first...

Scott will be getting a PM with the details, because, quite honestly, while I would expect to board early, I never expected the kindness and assistance offered. These folks should be recognized.