Outstanding Treatment in MCO

Old May 27, 09, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Outstanding Treatment in MCO

I just came home from MCO and just had to post about the incredible treatment I received from just about everyone I encountered in MCO.

I hurt my knee while on vacation and was limping pretty badly (this was an improvement from a few days earlier). I entered the terminal on the B side by mistake and hobbled all the way to the very end of the A terminal to check my bags. When I arrived, the staff went out of their way to help me out and even gave me a wheelchair to more easily navigate the terminal and get to the gate. They also ordered a wheelchair for me in EWR, though an electric cart would have done just as well.

Security was even nicer, and there is a special line for people with special needs and my husband and I sailed through. Most notably, the TSA agents all went out of their way to assist and make it as easy as possible. That included not having me take my sneakers off, which took a while to get on

The GAs were actually expecting us and the biggest surprise was having my husband upgraded and sitting with me in F. But more than that, the FAs went waaaay out of their way to make sure I was seated and comfortable. They came by often to make sure I was ok.

The only downside was the arrival in EWR. Continuing my lousy luck, our gate was C84 and a major hike to baggage, and the wheelchair wasn't there - which isn't COs fault. It did show up, though I probably should have asked for an electric cart.

Our luggage even came out first...

Scott will be getting a PM with the details, because, quite honestly, while I would expect to board early, I never expected the kindness and assistance offered. These folks should be recognized.
Old May 27, 09, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UALCO Holdings General Member
Sorry about the knee, Im glad the experience made the trip a little easier. I traveled with a friend who injured his ankle in Vegas, and that was a nightmare.
Old May 27, 09, 9:13 am

Programs: Onepass
I wrote CO to commend an employee who did a fantastic job with a delayed flight in MCO, she had a huge tired crowd and she went above and beyond to keep everyone informed. And when the aircraft showed up she announced she was going to help clean the plane, she ran on board the aircraft to help ready for the return to EWR. She then came back to the gate area and proceeded to single handedly conduct a very orderly boarding, She did a heck of a job and I needed to let someone at CO know.
Old May 27, 09, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
sounds like MCO has some standout employees.
Old May 27, 09, 10:22 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Programs: US Platinum, United 1k, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC, Priority Club Platinum, Marriott Gold
Hope your knee is okay and doesn't get in the way of your travels (unless maybe you want an excuse not to travel for a bit).

Last year, I was supposed to go MCO-CLE during the blizzard in CLE (part of an IAH-MCO-CLE-IAH trip). When I got to MCO, the flight had just been canceled (the CLE flights the past 2 days were also canceled, but I was hoping it would have cleared up enough to get me there). Their best guess was that they could ship me to CLE 3 days later. The agent suggested that they "route me through IAH so I can sleep at home" and then take IAH-CLE whenever that became available. My best friend is in EWR, so I asked if I could go MCO-EWR and continue the next day EWR-PIT since EWR-CLE was backed up a few days too, just like everything across the country into CLE. She had no problems doing this and let me pick which flight to PIT I took (instead of making me take the first available) and she also changed my CLE-IAH date so I had 2 days there, as needed.

There was a huge line of people, but all of the agents were going out of their way to make things happen!
Old May 27, 09, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys, my knee is much better and I may actually get to work tomorrow Too bad that between the monsoons in MCO (about 11" in 6 days) and my accident, it wasn't much of vacation. I suspect I *will* laugh about it one day

It's gratifying to read others have had the same good experiences at MCO. Too often we only hear about the bad stuff that happens.

Perhaps we should keep a "thank you" thread going, because, as we all know, we do get good service most of the time, and sometimes it's outstanding.
Old May 27, 09, 2:36 pm

Programs: Nothing - I'm useless!
I'm happy they treated you well.. but everytime I see this thread I think back to being in MCO a week or so ago and "dear god, that's an ugly-ugly, dirty airport."

Did they put the ceiling tiles back in before you got there?
Old May 27, 09, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

They're mostly back and it's actually starting to look pretty decent. The hurricanes really made a mess of it a couple of years ago.

I go there about 2-3 times a year and it's been nice to see the progress, albeit slow, they've made.

Search this Thread