FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}
Old Nov 26, 2001, 11:58 am
nwr1txg

Programs: Craftsman Tool Club - Silver Socket
Just got back from the ES after staying there last week. There are two different sets of rooms. One has indoor entrances (typical ES) and the other has outdoor entrances. These outdoor rooms surround the pool to form sort of an outdoor atrium feel. It has an above average pool area with an outdoor bar, which is a change from your typical ES. Sort of had a resort feel to it. We stayed in one of the outdoor rooms the first night then moved into the indoor area after we discovered an ant party in our room. Both rooms were almost identical.

The staff tried hard to please and they worked hard to keep the place clean but in my opinion they need to update the rooms soon. I know most of us have stayed in a room like this before where it’s OK but the room and furniture sort of has a haggard look about them. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a dump but it needs a little updating. It had an excellent happy hour with an open bar and all of the Fritos and popcorn you can handle.

Just around the corner is the Homewood Suites which looked newer than the ES. The HS is within 100 yds of the ES. Another ½ block down the street is a Hampton Inn and a sign saying a Hilton Garden Inn is coming soon. Quite a collection of Hilton properties on one road. All but the ES are on Palm Blvd with the ES just around the corner of Palm and Lake. As you drive to Disney World you go out Palm and make a left on SR535. Almost immediately you see a garish creation called the Doubletree Club. It is painted in hot red, purple, pink, yellow etc with huge pineapples stuffed here or there. I would not give this place my business without a recommendation from someone you trust. It looked old and very weird. ½ mile further up the road you come to the Disney World Back gate. Just inside the gate is the Doubletree Guest Suites. If I were to book another reward stay in Orlando, this would be my choice. It is big with a nice looking pool area and it is an official Disney Hotel which means you can get early entry if you buy your tickets at the hotel. I did not have a chance to look at a room but it seemed like a nice place. Passing the DT Suites you drive another mile or two into the park and you see the Hilton on the left. I did not have a chance to stop and check it out but it looked nice enough.

All of the Hotels are within a couple miles of each other and I assume all offer shuttle service to the parks, ES does anyway. A big plus for the ES is free breakfast and happy hour, which can save you a few bucks if you have a large group.

Hope you enjoy your trip and feel free to EMAIL me with any questions. Tom