FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FRA mileage run trip report
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2009, 7:28 am
mre5765
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by PCTraveler

Word of caution for anyone having the same offer!! LH agent later looks at the fare I paid (sub $500) and says there is no way she can book me in C, even though UA has already done so. Have to take a Y seat, but booked in Y fare. She gives me a bulkhead window, all things considered not a bad flight.
Ugh. Anyone who is using SWUs for TATL MRs would be well advised to keep at least one paper SWU for LH handy. You should ask for another SWU from in comp since you VDBed on the assumption you'd be in a C on the replacement flight.

Try to go stand by on an earlier flight to SFO, but 30 minutes prior with boarding still in process get denied. Didn't provide an explanation, I figure with intl rules may not be the same as domestic and in Germany, I don't think I can convince them to reconsider. I then head towards the SEN lounge for a shower and some refreshments.
For the sake of your fellow pax, I'm happy they denied the standby.

I asked on another post whether the LH leg could get credited for original booking. Probably should have tried harder to stay on UA metal, but wanted to do a same day turn which was proving difficult if not impossible to do.
You might have to call, but yes. It makes little difference in terms of EQMs and RDMs (since UA has a special deal with LH on TATLs), but it makes a big difference in terms of lifetime BIS.