FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Madrid Bullfights
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2009, 8:26 am
jmail1

Programs: Free agent
Madrid Bullfights

I know there are many opinions on bullfighting, but I want to put that aside and ask a question about tickets. My wife and I are taking our first trip to Spain and want to attend a bullfight. I've read about the seating situation (sol vs. sol/sombra vs. sombra) but after visiting the ticket site there are many more considerations than just shade or no shade.

I'm using this site

http://www.ticktackticket.com/prehom...illatoros.html

The main ticket site for Plaza de Toros de las Ventas says the fight we want to go to is sold out, but the above site has tickets available. When I call the number it introduces itself as Ticketmaster, but they don't have any English reps available.

I'm just trying to decide what the best value for tickets is for a first-timer. The most expensive are the Barrera, which I assume are right up against the barrier. These are about 125euro a piece, and I'm not sure that we'd enjoy it that much more from that perspective. After that there are a number of progressively larger Filas, then some like Balconcilla Baja and Delantera Alta mixed in.

We certainly want a good seat with a good view, away from all of the Penas (i think those are the rowdies), but I don't think we need the equivalent of Laker's floor seats.

Any recommendations from someone who has been?