FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A380
Thread: A380
View Single Post
Old May 20, 2009, 6:56 am
brunos
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by AshleyB
I think it is an old seat map and does not take account of so-called PE. As for the rest I understand that there will be 'enhancements' (i.e. a few very cheap adornments) to the existing product. AF has already shown itself incapable of a sustained effort in the front cabin. In J look for some very good deals this summer! Looking at the map Y in an AF 380 will surely replace the 77W as the antechamber to hell.
Sad that AF is not replacing its old F & J (they were introduced in 2003). Their J seat is becoming outdated. The flat seats of BA, VS, AC, CX, SQ, etc.. is far superior. Nonstop TATL, AF currently only feels the flat-bed competition of Openskies to JFK/EWR; but some US airlines are installing fuly flat J seats and AF will feel the competition once they arrive on the CDG flights. The F seat is very inferior to the new suites installed by other airlines on the A380.

However, it seems to me that AF is doing OK in Y. On the 777 they moved from 3x3x3 (as most reputable airlines except EK) to 3x4x3. On the A380 main deck they adopted a 3x4x3 Y seating like the A380s of SQ, QF and EK. The 2x4x2 seating on the UD is also consistent with other airlines. I dont know if the A380 main deck is wider than the 777, but at least AF Y seating should be equivalent to SQ or QF, which it is not on the 777.
Note that QF has PE on the upper deck and it is 2x3x2. AF does not seem to have PE on the A380. Strange!