FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NGBC on 777s Starting to fall Apart...
View Single Post
Old May 17, 2009, 8:50 am
Cofyknsult

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Exclamation NGBC on 777s Starting to fall Apart...

Hi all,

I was shocked, last wednesday on AA 997 DFW -EZE, to find as many as 3 seats with inop or damaged functions. It started with 12 D (my original seat) having a screen so dark and flickering that it was practically unuseable. I quickly moved to 12 G where the seat would not recline properly with the motor doing erratic back and forths, and I ended in 12 H which was OK. The forward table next to me, however, would not stay locked in its panel and fell open at the slightest hint of turbulence (of which we had our share).

Since there were 10 of us in a 37 seat cabin, I was more amused than inconvenienced, but these cabins are mostly less than 2-3 years old....

Shoddy work or bad conception ? Also, for the bean counter geniuses who have not understood (or do not care...) that a moving seat needs a reading light attached to it and not only in the ceiling (and the light is offered by the seat maker but was not selected by AA), what about reconsidering ? Maybe if these things were properly taken care of, there WOULD be more than 10 pax in a 37 seat cabin...