FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Solo Dinners
Thread: Solo Dinners
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2009, 9:51 pm
csufabel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by missydarlin
Zip-Lock, and the George Foreman Grill are your friends.

I make pasta sauce and freeze it into one or two serving portions (doubled zip lock bags or containers). Serve over pasta, potatos, squash, or my personal favorite ... polenta.

packages of individually frozen pieces of meat/fish are great.

I'll cook 2 or 3 different cuts of meat on a Sunday, then just reheat through the week.

One of my friends is actually paying me to make him a batch of homemade pasta sauce and a big layered enchilada to freeze in individual servings.
+1

If there are meal you like, you may want to invest in 10-12 sealable "sandwich" size containers, aka 23-25 oz. which you can find at a dollar store for the best price, generally 3-4 for $1. A recommended protein, carb, and vegetable serving generally fit in these containers

Then get the recipes you like and just spend a weekend afternoon and cook. Freeze them immediately, then nightly while you prepare your salad, microwave the entree, generally 5-7 minutes. Depending on what you like to eat, this could take under 3 hours including preparation. If you like beef, then definitely undercook. Now I generally take 5-6 hours to do all my meals, but I freeze 24+ meals at a time.

Last edited by csufabel; May 13, 2009 at 9:57 pm