FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Inconsistency of Product
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2009, 5:37 am
bwhite

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
Originally Posted by Duke777
I just selectivity book when possible to avoid the inconsistencies across the fleet. However, DL/NW could improve the consistency of their check in lines. Just today, I was checking in for my NW flight at RDU. I'm standing in the "line" in front of the screen that says "Elite/International." Finally someone calls me up and says there is no elite line and I have to go to the end of the line. DL has an elite line two counters over. It shouldn't be that hard to have a designated elite line at all airports that is clearly marked. NW switched terminals at RDU over a month and half ago.
I also book carefully to sit on a plane I like. I avoid RJs as much as I can, sometimes even taking multiple legs or leaving way too early just to avoid them. Last year I was on RJs ~20% of the time and I am working very hard to lower that this year. Today I am flying into ROC to avoid RJ service into SYR which is closer to my real destination.

It is hard and let's face it they aren't cash rich at the moment so updating interiors is not a priority.

I believe the RDU operations are all DL staff now and they cleary don't know or have access to the NW systems. Last week they boarded my NW flight by writing our seat numbers on a piece of paper - they couldn't log in at the gate (one GA was on the phone with a help desk for a long time). We then sat on the plane for an extra 30 minutes until they could get the right numbers to the flight crew. The pilot was none too happy about it. Even on the DL side they don't always man the Medallion line @ RDU even when it appears on the overhead monitor. That used to happen in the old Terminal A as well. Fortunately the crowds are not too big here.