FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best bus between KUL and SIN?
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2009, 7:51 am
mario33
Suspended

Originally Posted by jpatokal
But it's still five hours on a bumpy bus
While the luxury coaches are not quite as smooth as the KLIA Ekpress trains, I would not describe it as "bumpy" since these are relatively new high end buses and the highway is generally well maintained. Cant say the same about the budget buses used for the hour long ride between the LCCT and KL (though I have not been actually brave enough to try them out). And I am quite sure any turbulence on the Air Asia flight will prove to be even more "bumpy" than the luxury coaches.

I am also not comparing the coach option with SQ flight + KLIA Express = Sentral Hotel; but rather AK Flight (uncomfortable seats) + LCCT Annoyance (long walk under the hot weather from aircraft to terminal) + LCCT Bus (looking for the right bus under the hot sun + presumably not so comfortable ride) + City Taxi (which may not be properly regulated if coupon system is not used at bus drop-off locations) = City Hotel.

Also worth mentioning that most coaches depart in or near the CBD in Singapore, so theres also a small saving in taxi fare to Changi.