FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citicards 60 day/ one application policy
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2009, 12:25 pm
whynotgo

Programs: AA Gold, AMEX MR, BA, DL, SPG, UA, US, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by bgdc
weird. I've been with Citi for 17 years, I have 800s for credit scores, only 1 card with any kind of balance (paid off monthly) and I applied for a Citicard only to have them tell me:

1. They're reviewing my application (reviewing! I get credit instantly, no review ever)
2. I cannot apply for more than 1 card every 90 days (I only applied for one AFAIK).
bgdc,

1. Application review - Get over it and take charge. Nowadays, I never get instant approval, lack of instant approval means nothing. Upon notice of approval review, either wait two days (approval may come automatically, btw, do not forget to check the box for email notification of application review) or call immediately and speak to a customer service representative (csr). Ask about your application, do not accept any negative response from a CSR. If they are turning you down, they will send an email and or letter with the credit agency. Get the report and review- you likely have no bad items. Call back to Citibank and inquire why you were turned down with a good credit report. If CSR is negative about opening new card, respectfully ask to speak to a supervisor (no CSR has ever approved my application after an initial denial) only supervisors make that decision.

2. 90 days?? - Specifically, what card did you apply for? Likely it was a business and they are on a 90+ day application cycle.

Obviously, this whole situation is highly different for each person.