FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citicards 60 day/ one application policy
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2009, 10:27 pm
leroix

Programs: AS 100k, AA MM, HH Dia
inconsistent as always

Back in Jan/Feb I was approved for the business Visa, and a personal MC and Amex... those accounts have all been closed, and I'm on churn cycle two--Two weeks back I applied for the business MC and was approved (called in after applying). I applied for a personal MC and and Amex on the 5th and just received email rejection notices for both with the message:

o It is our policy to limit the number of credit requests
that we process within a 60-day period. Our records
show that you applied for credit with us within the past
60 days.
Seems like the business and personal application times are no longer independent-- the only Citi credit app I've had in the past 90+ days is the business MC.

Thinking about what is different this time around:
-For my first cycle I didn't call in for instant approval (but I did for the business card I applied for two weeks ago)-- the rep I spoke with seemed pretty unsure of things and had to elevate the issue to a higher CSR because I had gone above her "signing ability" -- I wonder if she mucked something up.

-For the personal MC and Amex I was just rejected for I used the www.fly3. 30k bonus links, which I may not have been targeted to use, and maybe this was just a BS excuse to reject me because I wasn't eligible for those offers. I knew these two apps were going to get rejected because the application process stopped at step 3 (instead of going on to step 5 where they give you the number you can call in for an instant decision...)

I'm not sure these findings mean anything, but its just another data point to add to the mix. It seems like there have been a few reports lately of people being denied for too many apps, when they had previously been successful with the same strategy.

I'm going to work up the patience to call tomorrow and try to get a human to approve one/both of these apps, but I'm not holding my breath.