FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old May 6, 2009, 7:27 pm
aaron1262

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by josephstern
I'm amazed to say that while it took more than an hour to unbox and re-bag all of my rolls, I did just deposit 35,000 $1 coins. This was two orders of mine and three of my business partner. The bank was a little unhappy to begin with, but they totally accommodated us and we did our best to be low-impact and everyone's happy.

I feel like a FlyerTalk poster child because just as these arrived, I was getting a call from Schwab Visa (2% back - thanks to FT) about these charges. And one of the charges they wanted to confirm was a $1.08 charge from FootLocker.com - due to the 10K NWA Miles promotion, also on FT.

Thanks everyone on FlyerTalk!
that's a lot of coins! i deposited some yesterday and the teller asked if i had a cash deposit....i was like um... more of "coin deposit" surprisingly she was like oh not one of you guys again. apparently another person went in earlier and deposited 2k worth of coins. none the less she was happy to take them.