FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BP check at WTMD disappearing?
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2009, 11:37 am
Flaflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Deltaworst Peon Level, TSA "Layer 21 Club", NW WP RIP
Originally Posted by NY-FLA
Some of the TSO's that post on here have stated that this silliness is intended to stop SSSS pax going unnoticed at "TDC "
I'll bite, and re-ask the resident TSO's to explain this. (Be sure to use an answer worthy of PV. )

IF the highly qualified and highly trained TDC cannot be trusted to find a standard SSSS notation printed on standard locations on BP's, then how can they be trusted to match random combinations of BP, ID and Pax Face to provide "ID = Security™" and ensure that OBL does not limp to the WTMD with a proper highlighter scribbled BP?

Please don't let the answer be "Standard Government Make-Work Program, we have to have one employee double check the work of every other employee, on the theory that 'two incompetent employees might = one competent employee'."

If the BP check is so vital to security that it must be double checked by a second TSO, I submit that all TSA operations need to be done twice. What if the Hand Wander misses a gun? Better have a second TSO hand wand every selectee in case the first TSO failed in his duty, after all, you can't trust your own last guy. You may use this as an employee suggestion. I'm sure you will win a prize when it is adopted.