FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 23, 2009, 10:40 am
YYC

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by rahmanbar
Wife and I have a four-day stay at GH-SF in July on the way back from Hawaii.

Have no status, but have been confirmed as uprading with points to a site.

Checking the site carefully, on the list of room variations they list as "suites"
-"Executive Suite" and "Presidential Suite".

From the description and the photo the Executive Suite would be 100% fine by us.

However, some digging causes me to wonder about what, in the listing of rooms they list is "Bridal-Hospitality." (There's also a mention earlier on in this thread as to the Executive being peferable.)

Is the Bridal-Hospitality a suite in the truest sense, or would it be two rooms veing made contiguous via a connecting entry way? One of the roomshousing a King Bed, the other a Murphy bed? .

Should we be requesting Executive over Bridal-Hospitality or vice versa?

I guess what I'm asking is, "which would be nicer" (and relatively obtainable) and should I make a concerted effort to get a good chance of getting it.

PS - Arrival from HNL will be in the evening and I don't see getting to the hotel before (:30 PM (if this makes a difference).

Any guidance will be appreciated.
I stayed at the GH SF for four days over the weekend.

I was able to confirm my upgrade upon reservation using one e-upgrade. Was told that I was upgraded to the 'executive suite'. Nothing special, it was two connecting rooms, one with a king bed and the other serves as the living room with a sofa bed and a dinning table. The bedroom was for the handicapped thus it has a large washroom. The living room was a bit smaller - I had to make my way through the furniture. The rooms were on the 23rd floor facing south (union square).

Haven't stayed at a bridal suite, but by looking at the description on its website, it looks to be larger than the Executive Suite by about 100 sqft?