FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond - MERGED THREAD
View Single Post
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:04 am
thesilb

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
I have a question about Base points. This is what shows up in my acct for a one night stay at the Fair Lawn HP - 665 points. I paid $133 for that night. Does this mean my base point towards life time Dia gained 665 points for this one stay? Or is it only 133?

I wish someone from Hyatt can post the T&C for life time Dia. There are many threads and msgs on this board but they all seem to be hear say from CSRs or front desk personnel (many conflicting statements). The T&C will help end all speculations surrounding this topic.
On your example its 665. Base points means what you spend for eligible charges multiplied by 5 points per dollar. Base points does not include any bonus (for example if you have "elite" status, the extra points you get above 5 points per eligible dollars; or, if you are taking advantage of a promotion such as a "G1 - 1000 point bonus" (etc.), any of those bonus points).

You can see your lifetime total points (meaning base + bonus) online when logged onto your Gold Passport account. To see how many BASE points alone you have, and thus be able to track your progress towards 1 million base points, you need to call Gold Passport. They can quickly let you know how many you have.