FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Avis Discount Codes - Put AWD codes in this thread only
Old Apr 15, 2009, 12:39 pm
hakujin

I've been rummaging through this thread today and yesterday and am perplexed by the notion of free LDW on a corp AWD being a bonus...

On what planet is this anything but bad (unless of course you work for that corp)?

Whether it's G417900 (which consequently gives me the best rate for one day) or Citi or another with free LDW... when you get into an accident, who in their right mind thinks they'll be subject to the cap? Moreover, the company providing this incentive might still get involved, even if you say, 'no thanks - no worries, I'll just utilize my free Mastercard LDW coverage', and still sue you as contractually, this fender bender might count against their rate just the same and/or they may be obligated to pay in excess of the negotiated cap on damage to the vehicle. Now you're talking possibly implications to Mastercard/Visa/AMEX free LDW underwriting guidelines.

I just don't get it. The difference is $5 on my rate online and I'd glady use the discount w/o the LDW (i.e. perfectly comfortable with MasterInsurance (MC LDW as my primary as I only have liability through USAA), but to have that there just seems foreboding, definitely not reassuring...