FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777-LR Business Elite Seat Recs?
View Single Post
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:16 am
padirescu

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DL DM & 2MM
Just completed ATL-BOM-ATL on 777LR

Just finished a Z fare PMU upgrade round trip on the new 777LR and based on what I had read on the threads here I chose 2D as my seat for the return leg only to find that it actually wasn't what was advertised (side table). This prompted me to perform a closer inspection of the BE seats on the new 777LR so I know what to choose for my next trip.

The best individual seat(s) on this bird IMO is 7A followed closely by 7D. 7A has a side table area on the right and partially enclosed by an aisle storage area. While this storage area might be bothersome as the FA's access it during takeoff / landing timeframes, from what I could tell, there was very little activity with it during flight. 7D also has a similar configuration but is located in front of the lavatory so I'm not sure how bothersome that could become during flight (the toilet is actually in the rear of the lavatory which is also very large so I doubt it would be much of an issue).

For couples, the best seats would be 7B and 7C as they both have side tables and you can talk relatively easy across the partition in the reclined position. 1B and 1C are also reasonable couple seats since there is a flat area in front where you can put items during flight although these seats are close to the front galley so it can be a little noisy during meal services.

Hope this helps!