Wiki Posts
Search

777-LR Business Elite Seat Recs?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, United, American
777-LR Business Elite Seat Recs?

Wondering if anyone who has been flying to India on the Delta 777-200LR can comment (or better... show pics) of which seat they would recommend in Business-Elite.

I have found comments that 2A/D are great because of the "extra table". Someone else said 6B/C are great because of "extra room for your things" (where? on the side of your seat?). Someone else said they rec the rear rows of the front cabin (rows 4-7).

Also, any hopes that Delta will modify the center dividing wall so it is can be more "couple friendly" on the newly delivered planes? That seems like an easy adjustment with huge benefits to solve alot of the complianing I am hearing about this product. (Now if they could only move those windows...

I will be flying with someone so I guess 2A/B or 2C/D or 6A/B or 6C/D are my best bets. (My concerns, row 2 is far upfront looking at not much but the galley. Row 6 is close to the galley between the two business sections possibly resulting in more noise from food/drink services, pacers or snackers from both business areas...???)

Obv, 10C is out of the question (what were they thinking???)

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by clintonuws; May 1, 2009 at 6:42 pm
Old Apr 13, 2009, 2:28 pm

I too would be interested in any recommendations and/or comments someone may have
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DL DM & 2MM
Just completed ATL-BOM-ATL on 777LR

Just finished a Z fare PMU upgrade round trip on the new 777LR and based on what I had read on the threads here I chose 2D as my seat for the return leg only to find that it actually wasn't what was advertised (side table). This prompted me to perform a closer inspection of the BE seats on the new 777LR so I know what to choose for my next trip.

The best individual seat(s) on this bird IMO is 7A followed closely by 7D. 7A has a side table area on the right and partially enclosed by an aisle storage area. While this storage area might be bothersome as the FA's access it during takeoff / landing timeframes, from what I could tell, there was very little activity with it during flight. 7D also has a similar configuration but is located in front of the lavatory so I'm not sure how bothersome that could become during flight (the toilet is actually in the rear of the lavatory which is also very large so I doubt it would be much of an issue).

For couples, the best seats would be 7B and 7C as they both have side tables and you can talk relatively easy across the partition in the reclined position. 1B and 1C are also reasonable couple seats since there is a flat area in front where you can put items during flight although these seats are close to the front galley so it can be a little noisy during meal services.

Hope this helps!
Old Apr 14, 2009, 8:48 am

The side tables are going away with the +2 seat mod. 7103 and later aircraft were delivered with seats 1A and 1D, which took away closet space. Tall storage cabinets (for the crew) are installed where the side tables were installed. IIRC, these cabinets are located at 1A,D, 10A and 14A,D. I have also heard that 1A,D and 2A,D have less room due to the curvature of the fuselage, but I haven't experienced it firsthand.

Last edited by Jet Doctor; Apr 14, 2009 at 8:55 am Reason: clarity
Old Apr 15, 2009, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Best seats for couples...???

You wrote...

For couples, the best seats would be 7B and 7C as they both have side tables and you can talk relatively easy across the partition in the reclined position. 1B and 1C are also reasonable couple seats since there is a flat area in front where you can put items during flight although these seats are close to the front galley so it can be a little noisy during meal services.

According to the seatmaps... there is no 7B/C. Did you mean 6B/C? Just want to clarify... if in the reclined position in these seats you can freely see each other and talk? (Yes I know that is what you said but it seems to be the first time I have heard someone say that vs. "it is impossible to talk unless you stand up to talk over the partition").

It will be interesting to see if the addition of 1A/D changes things. Are the new 777-200LRs up and running (or is that starting in June?)

Thanks.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by Jet Doctor
The side tables are going away with the +2 seat mod. 7103 and later aircraft were delivered with seats 1A and 1D, which took away closet space. Tall storage cabinets (for the crew) are installed where the side tables were installed. IIRC, these cabinets are located at 1A,D, 10A and 14A,D. I have also heard that 1A,D and 2A,D have less room due to the curvature of the fuselage, but I haven't experienced it firsthand.
To clarify:
The "+2 seat mod" is for ships 7101 and 7102 (the first two 772LRs). This adds 1A/D and brings the total BE capacity to 45. That means that 2A/D will become basically regular seats. By June both these aircraft will have completed this mod.

I believe 6B/C, 7A/D, 14A/B/C/D all have the small side table next to the seat. this little bit of extra room is nice. In my opinion these seats are the best in BE. Row 14, of course, may have some extra noise from coach but still nice.

Originally Posted by clintonuws
Are the new 777-200LRs up and running (or is that starting in June?)
Yes, the latest brand new LRs are flying now. There is a cluster of deliveries this spring. Ships 7103-7106 all entered service within the last 6 weeks. Ship 7107 flies to ATL next Friday.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by aeolos
I believe 6B/C, 7A/D, 14A/B/C/D all have the small side table next to the seat. this little bit of extra room is nice. In my opinion these seats are the best in BE. Row 14, of course, may have some extra noise from coach but still nice.
I went onboard 7102 yesterday and only 14B/C retain the side tables. All of the other seats (7 A/D, 6 B/C and 14 A/D) had the "Tower" storage compartments next to them. 10B/C no longer has a large flat area in front of them, it has been replaced by a closet.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Any idea if/when the LRs will replace replace the ERs used on Asia flights such as ATL-ICN or ATL-NRT? I have some upcoming trips and would love to get in the new LR.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 11:07 am

Programs: DL-DM/ 2MM
Originally Posted by rylan
Any idea if/when the LRs will replace replace the ERs used on Asia flights such as ATL-ICN or ATL-NRT? I have some upcoming trips and would love to get in the new LR.
I am booked on 91/92 ATL-ICN June 12, back on the 15th, and it is showing a 777LR with the new BE suites on the seat map both ways.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Not sure I like this news

I went onboard 7102 yesterday and only 14B/C retain the side tables. All of the other seats (7 A/D, 6 B/C and 14 A/D) had the "Tower" storage compartments next to them. 10B/C no longer has a large flat area in front of them, it has been replaced by a closet.

Do you remember if the center divider between 6B/C is something that you could talk around in the reclined (or partially reclined) position?

The post from "padirescu" above is the first time I saw a rec of the 6B/C (I am assuming you meant row 6, not 7) combo being best for people traveling together.

Pics would be great if anyone is flying soon.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

777-200LR to Tokyo??

Originally Posted by rylan
I have been looking for info on this and believe everything I found says the ATL-NRT routing will be the 777-200ER and 747.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 6:33 pm

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by clintonuws
Do you remember if the center divider between 6B/C is something that you could talk around in the reclined (or partially reclined) position?

The post from "padirescu" above is the first time I saw a rec of the 6B/C (I am assuming you meant row 6, not 7) combo being best for people traveling together.

Pics would be great if anyone is flying soon.
Here is a pic that might give you and idea of what to expect.
Hope it helps.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Delta...-LR/1334937/L/
Old Apr 18, 2009, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Pics of 777-200LR Biz Elite Interior

Thanks for that pic.

I also found this group of pics from someone who flew to Kuwait on the plane. Nice shots of Kuwait and the plane.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/globetr...7610931934400/

Look how happy "Julia in C" (last pic in series) is. (And she was in 10C!!)

I still would like to see a pic of dividing wall between 6B and C to see if the center divider goes all the way back.

If anyone flies on the brand new planes with the new closets and seats 1A/D... updated pics would be GREAT.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I suppose the next logical question is, are the seats comfortable?
Old Apr 18, 2009, 3:08 pm

You are correct, 7A/D, 6B/C and 14A/D have "tower" closets next to the seat. These seats, however, still do have a small table space next to the seat. It is not much, but still better than the other seats (which just have armrests on the sides of the seat).

Seats 14B/C do not have the closet next to the seat so I believe these seats have a larger table surface next to the seat.

You can see the closets and table surfaces in these photos of the BE cabin of ship 7105.
Photo of forward BE cabin
Photo of aft BE cabin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.