FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First ever missed flight
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2009, 2:51 pm
MojaveFlyer

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
The closest I ever cam to missing a flight was about 20 years ago. I was flying to a friend's wedding (BOS-RDU). I got to the gate with plenty of time to spare. While waiting at the gate, I was watching the NCAA tournament - my two alma maters were playing each other. Next thing I know, I turn around and they're closing the door! I jumped up and got their attention to hold it for me. Lesson learned - always pay attention.
I smiled at this, given that you're obviously such an experienced traveller, at least now Not that long ago I arrived at the gate for a departure far enough in advance that the previous flight was still boarding. I knew there were power outlets and figured I'd just charge up and get some work done. I watched a woman sit there reading while they did final call on the departure; I figured she must be on my flight. Well she was on the one that was leaving, got left off, and then was hassling the GA about lack of annoucements. But I'd heard plenty of announcements including the final "all ticketed and confirmed passengers board now!". I wondered who could be so naive as to sit there through their departure.

Guess it happens