FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana (OZ) 747 vs 74E - seating and first class access question
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:43 pm
AZ Travels the World
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by thesilb
Hi there,

I am considering two different Asiana flights from HKG-ICN, flight 724 on a 74E which shows (on ANA) as not even having first class, or flight 722 on a 747 which has a full three classes of service. I am on a first class award continuing to LAX on Asiana in full 3 class first, so I would prefer the 747 flight. However, the 74E flight works much better schedule-wise.

Question. Seat Guru shows the 74E as a 3 class plane. Is it possible that for this red eye Asiana is selling the 3 class as a 2 class? If so, does anyone have any idea of how they allocate the first class seats? Specifically, do you know, if I book a first class ticket HKG-ICN-LAX, and this is 3 class sold as 2, can I sit in the first class seating area?

If this was true I would definitely take the 74E. Searched all over FT and Google and could not find any help on this one.

Anyone know? Thanks! ^

I am on a OZ 74E SHA-ICN in about 10 days. I'm booked in F, with a seat assignment in row 2 in the nose. The online seat assignment tool on Asiana's website shows the three classes. For my flight, the ANA tool also shows the flight with all three classes.

So, it seems to me that if you end up being booked in C, you'll probably end up there -- in the upper deck.

P.S. There is an Asiana forum, so you might find more there.