FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana (OZ) 747 vs 74E - seating and first class access question
Old Apr 10, 2009, 12:12 pm
thesilb

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Asiana (OZ) 747 vs 74E - seating and first class access question

Hi there,

I am considering two different Asiana flights from HKG-ICN, flight 724 on a 74E which shows (on ANA) as not even having first class, or flight 722 on a 747 which has a full three classes of service. I am on a first class award continuing to LAX on Asiana in full 3 class first, so I would prefer the 747 flight. However, the 74E flight works much better schedule-wise.

Question. Seat Guru shows the 74E as a 3 class plane. Is it possible that for this red eye Asiana is selling the 3 class as a 2 class? If so, does anyone have any idea of how they allocate the first class seats? Specifically, do you know, if I book a first class ticket HKG-ICN-LAX, and this is 3 class sold as 2, can I sit in the first class seating area?

If this was true I would definitely take the 74E. Searched all over FT and Google and could not find any help on this one.

Anyone know? Thanks! ^