FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Allegiant Air Experience
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2009, 3:14 pm
Jay71

Originally Posted by formeraa
As for irregular operations due to weather, NONE of the airlines pay for anything anymore. It sounds like G4 is just that same as the major airlines. I'm surprised you would expect them to do anything more.
I don't think I stated anywhere in my post that I expected Allegiant to do anything more. I was merely just trying to state what to expect if one flies with them. My wife payed $28USD (before taxes and fees) each way for her flight to Vegas and I paid $28 to and $78 from. With those ticket fees, I do not think anyone should really expect any "extra" perks, freebies, or compensation for situations out of Allegiant's control. And believe you me, my wife and I certainly don't. If we do get anything, it's a bonus!

My comment with regards to hesitating to fly with Allegiant during potential inclement weather is more around the potential to get stuck when needing to arrive/return relatively on time. Allegiant flies out of smaller airports so I'd expect these smaller airports to be unable to deal with say, a heavy fog or a dump of snow, versus a major airport like YVR (which is closest to us). For that Vegas flight, we were expecting to land before 10pm and head to work the next day. It wasn't critical that I made it in to work (though I did) but if in another situation where I had to be back in town the day after I returned from a trip for whatever reason, and there was a very good chance for heavy fog or snow in Bellingham, I'm not sure if I'd fly Allegiant.
Also, I think we were more than ready to spend a night in Pasco and make the most of it since we've never been to eastern Washington, but again, it's setting expectation and some people might not be agreeable for such a situation.
The likelihood of canceled or rerouted flights is probably pretty small but I'd expect it to be probably way higher flying out of a small airport than flying out of a large nearby airport. Just cost/risk assessment.