FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Apr 1, 2009, 11:24 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lin821
Not true at all in my case.

My 3 orders ($500, $250, $250) placed on 3/9 are still in process.

I called this afternoon and was told they were all picked on 3/24, "but the warehouse has been extremely busy this month and your orders should be shipped any day now". Riiiigt! Just like I had to waited for 5 full weeks last time (from ordered to delivered: 18 boxes of NA).
$500 and $750 NA placed on 3/23, using Citi AA MC & AA AMEX respectively. The $500 using MC was picked and sent to warehouse as of 3/30 waiting for shipment. The $750 using AMEX still "in process" for CC verification per phone message. This morning the CSR told me the $750 order has already gone thru the verification as amount already been authorized (Duh! The authorization went thru the minute order was placed! So I am not sure whether she knows what is about, regarding the manual process of verification.) Then she said there is nothing she could do to speed it up, and emphasized the Minit was overwhelmed lately and everyone in the processing dept has stacks of orders in front of them waiting to be processed... No telling when the order would go to warehouse, no way to speed it up, could be 3 to 5 weeks!

I express concern about we may need to schedule a trip and not knowing the approx shipment time makes it a concern. She said now a signature is required for delivery when it is shipped by UPS (incl overnight). She also said you can call to re-direct the shipment to different address before it is shipped, or ask UPS to hold the shipment...

A new information I got is, you can call within 24 hours after placing the order, to split the order payment into 2 different credit cards, instead of placing 2 orders separately. I am not sure this would work any better - because with separate orders, at least you have a chance to have some orders processed quicker than the others, as opposite to one single order - if it is held up, it is held up!

Previous orders with various Prez and just 1 $250 NA took anywhere from 1 week to 2 weeks from ordered to delivered, even with some line-cancellations on the Prez - much much quicker than the NA.