FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades becoming easier?
View Single Post
Old Mar 30, 2009, 3:16 pm
MatthewLAX
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SFflyer123
I just got upgraded using e500's for this weeks' flights, SFO-ORD and return. I am in first on the 757 SFO-ORD and now in business in a 777 ORD-SFO. I just used e500's for this.

This is incredible. Before I knew about flyertalk, I had NO clue what e500's were for other than they just showed up in my account. I just let them expire, not knowing how to use them. I have never, ever flown business class until Sep 2008 in my entire life!

Now, I am in business or first on every single flight this year except for TED flights! It is incredible because I am not spending that much more money (somewhat more with upgradable fares for international travel, and extending some trips to get more miles), but I am traveling so much better. It's like the ads for that "first class flyer" website which tells us that the people who fly at the front of the plane aren't the richest; they're the smartest. It is so true.

It is truely amazing what FT has done for my traveling, and United is absolutely awesome in allowing us to upgrade so many flights! I love FT! ^
^ I am glad things are working out for you and sorry it took you so long to figure out how to take advantage of your 1K perks. Did you let your SWU's go to waste as well in the past or did you just make 1K?