FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CHANGING AT PHILADELPHIA
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2004, 5:04 pm
The Lurker

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 1ST MI:
Another issue has come up. On the 340 aibus from Philadelphia to Rome is row 22 the exit row or is row 21. We are getting conflicting info from USAIR. Two agents and a supervisor say 22 is the exit row, one agent says no.</font>
Row 21 is the exit row, but it is blocked for crew rest. In fact, on a seat map it appears that there are no seats there, but in reality there are. The seats that are blocked are 21ABGH. There is no chance that you will be able to sit in these seats, as they are required for crew rest.

If you would like, you could request the seats in the center section, 21CDEF, however I dislike these seats for several reasons. First of all, you must request them from the gate on the day of departure, as they are blocked until the last minute, in order to accomodate any families traveling with infants who need a basinet. Also, while you have more legroom, there are four lavatories in front of you, and people will cut back and forth in front of you throughout the flight, not to mention them gathering around your seat, waiting for the lav. Furthermore, since there is no seat in front of you, your tray table is in the non moving armrest, which means that your hip room is somewhat restricted.

Personally I prefer the forward coach cabin, rows 8-20. It is much quieter than the rear cabin.

------------------
No thanks, I'm just lurking. Call me the Lurker!