CHANGING AT PHILADELPHIA

Old Jan 30, 2004, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

CHANGING AT PHILADELPHIA

DOES ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH FLIGHT 3978 FROM BWI TO PHL (LV 3PM:ARR.3:50PM). IF SO, DO YOU RECEIVE YOUR LUGGAGE BACK ON THE FIELD OR MUST YOU GO OUT OF SECURITY GET THE BAGS AND THEN RECLEAR.

WILL THEY LET YOU KEEP YOUR BAGS ON THIS 37 SEATER? WE HOPE TO GET THE 6PM FLIGHT TO ROME. IF WE ARE LUCKY!
Old Jan 30, 2004, 1:24 pm

A: Why are you yelling?

B: Checked baggage will be checked through to your final destination. Plane-side checked baggage will be picked up plane-side.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 1:38 pm

C: You have heaps of time to make the connection. It shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to get to the International gates.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much and sorry for the Caps lock...
Old Jan 30, 2004, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Another issue has come up. On the 340 aibus from Philadelphia to Rome is row 22 the exit row or is row 21. We are getting conflicting info from USAIR. Two agents and a supervisor say 22 is the exit row, one agent says no.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I have taken that very flight and UpgradeMe is 100% correct.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

I'm sorry, I do not recognize upgradme is it a WEB site?
Old Jan 30, 2004, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K; AA Plat; B6 Mosaic; SPG Plat
UpgradeMe is cited above.

USAirways does not fly the A340 - I assume you're referring to the A330. Check www.seatguru.com for seat evaluations.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for all. I see UpgradeMe was a prior contributor.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

I have gone to seatguru and then spoke with a USAIR supervsor who assurred me that due to a break in her screen row 21 was shown with no seats in it and row 22 was infact the exit row. The vote was 3 to 1 that 22 was the exit row and 21 had no seats. Thanks for all...
Old Jan 30, 2004, 4:19 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
You always want to rely on USAirways Express to get you to your international flight, especially in Philly. Why, just today, if you check the online stats regarding 3978, you will see that it ran a little late because they couldn't find anybody to fly it. It's a pretty laid back operation. No stress on the staff. And while you will be able to check your stuff straight to Rome, there might even be time for a game of hide the weenie with your baggage. Be wary, however, they are very good at it. My favorite is the bus from the commuter terminal to C-16. It's better than Great Adventure.
Old Jan 30, 2004, 5:04 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by 1ST MI:
Another issue has come up. On the 340 aibus from Philadelphia to Rome is row 22 the exit row or is row 21. We are getting conflicting info from USAIR. Two agents and a supervisor say 22 is the exit row, one agent says no.</font>
Row 21 is the exit row, but it is blocked for crew rest. In fact, on a seat map it appears that there are no seats there, but in reality there are. The seats that are blocked are 21ABGH. There is no chance that you will be able to sit in these seats, as they are required for crew rest.

If you would like, you could request the seats in the center section, 21CDEF, however I dislike these seats for several reasons. First of all, you must request them from the gate on the day of departure, as they are blocked until the last minute, in order to accomodate any families traveling with infants who need a basinet. Also, while you have more legroom, there are four lavatories in front of you, and people will cut back and forth in front of you throughout the flight, not to mention them gathering around your seat, waiting for the lav. Furthermore, since there is no seat in front of you, your tray table is in the non moving armrest, which means that your hip room is somewhat restricted.

Personally I prefer the forward coach cabin, rows 8-20. It is much quieter than the rear cabin.

------------------
No thanks, I'm just lurking. Call me the Lurker!
Old Jan 30, 2004, 9:49 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by deelmakur:
My favorite is the bus from the commuter terminal to C-16. It's better than Great Adventure.</font>
...you couldn't have said that any better

-chris
Old Jan 31, 2004, 6:27 am
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
Chris, if things don't work out, we'll miss this airline. In addition to being a pretty good product in spite of themselves, they ARE fun to play with.
Old Jan 31, 2004, 6:44 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by deelmakur:
If things don't work out, we'll miss this airline. In addition to being a pretty good product in spite of themselves, they ARE fun to play with.</font>
I have not read a post that I agree more with in a long, long time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.