FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Birmingham Metropole {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2009, 8:53 am
travisw

I've stayed here about 10 times in the past two years. I have always been upgraded (first when I was a gold, then as Diamond). The lounge has an adequate breakfast (eggs and then mostly cold cuts, fruits, etc.) but I prefer to eat downstairs so usually get a breakfast package if staying on the weekends. The canapes in the evening are nothing special and they have been the exact same thing every time I have been there. I don't remember what they are exactly because I usually pass on them. The hotel is very close to the NEC so if you're arriving by train (or by plane for that matter) and have a small amount of luggage it is actually faster to follow the signs to the hotel than it is to call and wait for their courtesy pick up. The bar has fairly decent options for a la carte ordering, Miller's pub is slightly more expensive (although they sometimes have great deals that are keyed to NEC traffic), the main restaurant has a buffet for 30 pounds (or perhaps slightly more) and they have another more upscale restaurant that has only been open once in the 10 times I have stayed there. IMHO, the Living Well health club is one of the nicer ones in the UK.