FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suntrust to offer Debit card. Mile for every $1
Old Mar 24, 2009, 6:49 pm
gsupstate

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
Originally Posted by pitbrian
It's probably very similar (if not the same) as this deal
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...heck-card.html

I just signed up for the NW Gold Visa debit card which normally has a $55 annual fee, but is waived in 2009. I got 5,000 WP points (which I immediately transferred over to my DL account) for opening a free checking account (transferring only $50). The card earns 1 mile/$ on all non-pin purchases. Pretty great deal IMO, especially since applying does not affect your credit and the checking account is free.

My miles posted before I even got my card. USBank has been a pleasure to deal with..nice reps that call to assure me everything is fine and all fees are waived.

Plus- I now have a 747 on my debit card
That sounds marvie, but you'd think they'd go with someone like, oh, I don't know, Bank of America or something. US is no longer associated w/them, and they're pretty much coast-to-coast. And, I would imagine that a great number of us already bank/do business with them (I do).