FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Airways Express To Begin Nonstop Asheville-New York Regional Jet Service
Old Dec 9, 2003, 3:50 am
US1@ORF

This is an interesting route that US is starting. What industry and corporations are located in AVL that would have ties to NYC?

I'm not knocking nonstop service for the fine folks of AVL, but I'm just wondering how this route will sustain itself over the long term.

Also, as another poster pointed out, sure is interesting that US will use two contract carriers to operate the route. I guess there is no greater efficiency by using only one carrier? Of course I've always wondered what overhead costs could be avoided by having fewer contract carriers under the US livery? At a minimum I would believe the legal expenses alone would provide significant savings as there must be redundancy reviewing/managing multiple contracts for the same purpose. I could go on. Perhaps this would be a great Capstone project for some grad student to research. I certainly would love to do it if I were in school.

------------------
US-CP; UA PE; AA Plat; Hilton Gold VIP; Six Continents Gold